Friday 8 October 2010

What's on my needles

Since returning from Blythecon UK I have been obsessed with knitting, I cannot stop thinking about it as I have very little actual knitting time! Despite the 3 day exhaustion that followed it was one of the most inspiring days of my life, seeing all those talented people & sharing the Blythe love. It also made me think lots about the direction I want my knitting to go in & where the shop is heading.
I'm determined to learn more knitting techniques so I'm working on projects that teach me something new everytime, even if it's simple. There is nothing as disheartening as finishing a complicated project only for it to look terrible at the end (I have a small box of knitting nightmares that I keep as a reminder!) At the moment I'm learning to knit these tiny shrugs to match my various dresses & at some point I will be adding the pattern on here. Before that I'll be doing the Cast Off tutorial (next week) and how to Purl. I'm also knitting a white version of this hat that my Mum showed me yesterday. I've already managed to gain 2 stitches where I wasn't supposed to, no idea how I managed that! Once it's finished I'll post a pic with the matching Woollyrockers knitted dress I'm working on. You can find the pattern on Woollyrockers website here
I hope everyone else is enjoying their knitting! If you want to ask me anything go ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment